T
N
T
The Native Tourist
reformed/biblical observations on Christianity and culture

Tuesday, October 28, 2003
Artist's "Monastic" Community in Portland, Oregon
I am in the habit of reading the early "Saturday edition" of the Sunday Oregonian every Saturday evening. (I started this habit reading the early edition of the Sunday New York Times when I lived back east). I especially relish reading the Arts/Books section of the newspapers and the extended articles on local issues.

Well my eyes nearly popped out of my head when I read this article. It was on the front page of the Living section. Its about a quasi-"monastic" community of guys who agree to spend a year living together for community and deliberately working on developing as artists. What a great idea. And its happening right here in Portland.

I have to look these guys up.