T
N
T
The Native Tourist
reformed/biblical observations on Christianity and culture

Monday, April 07, 2008
When in Seattle, do...
Sorry for the lack of posts last week.



Part of my busy week included a trip up to the Seattle Art Museum to see Roman Art from Louvre exhibit and the small display of three Gates of Paradise panels by Ghiberti from the Baptistry in Florence. Both shows were wonderful. The Louvre show was truly exceptional - at least here on the West Coast of North America. Dozens of life-size sculptures and friezes, plus pottery, glass and silver from the period. Much better than I expected.

See the Ghiberti panels in person (since I have never been to Florence) was also worthwhile. Its always nice to actually encounter something that is so prominantly featured in my art history classes.

I am glad my son could see this as well!